Ranking and reviews
• From the perspective of the user, I sail on the Booking.com website observes the comments and hotel ratings, I read the descriptions and usually I book a hotel.
• From the point of view of the hotel, Booking.com gives me the opportunity to pay more commission them to have a better ranking and if I maintain good relations with Booking.com (financially speaking) I request the removal of comments negative.
• From the point of view of Booking.com, my specialized marketing team writes all descriptions of hotels and I do not take into account the demands of the hoteliers. I’m apparently more competent to describe a place I’ve never been there.
Consumer safety information
• From the perspective of the user, I provided when I booked my credit card information and I trust Booking.com to manage them.
• From the point of view of the hotel, I receive customer information, I have to check myself that this information is correct (extra cost) and store them in my system to make sure that my reservation is safe. Nevertheless, I have no secure system to keep their information safe.
• From the point of view of Booking.com, the process does not concern me and I accepts no responsibility in case of problems when I stated in my terms that « I keep my clients’ credit card information for only 10 days « . I do not care to use that hotels can do with the information I have provided to them.
Payment of Commissions
• From the point of view of the hotel, I pay a minimum of 15% commission on bookings received via Booking.com
• From the point of view of Booking.com, I calculate the price of my commissions fee schedules hotels including VAT but I refuse to send invoices including VAT in my country. So I charge commissions to hotels on money they do not perceive (VAT).
Should I stop working with Booking.com no because customers use (trend).
On the other hand Booking.com is a sales force that you will never had.
This is not an inevitable fate, solutions exist to us to exploit them!