1 – Make a mobile responsive website your priority
• Make your hotel website responsive … NOW!
• Have plenty of high quality photos taken and upload new ones regularly to your hotel website.
• Start making videos of your property. Keep them short, informative and visually appealing. Upload them regularly to your hotel website.
2 – Get simple with social media
• Offer incentives and loyalty points in your hotel loyalty program for guests that check-in, like and share posts about your hotel.
• Engage with guests on social media platforms and they’ll do the same. Trade a retweet for a retweet.
• Run competitions regularly in order to create lots of user-generated content, especially on platforms such as Instagram. Guests will create thousands of beautiful and shareable images of your property and all it could cost you is a free cocktail at your hotel bar.
3 – Use tools to manage multiple channels
• Use only the tools that will help you achieve your digital marketing goals, no more.
• Sharing and scheduling apps help to increase brand awareness and guest interactions on social media.
• A free to download hotel app helps to boost RevPOR and maximise opportunities to upsell and improve points of contact with guests.
4 – Automate (but carefully)
If your hotel has a small staff or a small budget for marketing, automation and scheduling can be a great time saver and a chance to be much more efficient with regards to your posts and campaigns. However when automating, especially with social media, be careful as automated posts can sometimes come across as robotic and insincere. As we already know consumers shy away from advertising and impersonal posts, automation can do your brand harm if used too often.
If implemented correctly though automation allows for a coherent marketing message that you can organise in scheduled blocks. One example of effective automation would be to connect your mobile responsive website with your hotel app. This allows information to be updated and edited on both platforms simultaneously; resulting in zero delay and more synchronicity between platforms.
For more informations: http://ehotelier.com/insights/2015/05/05/tips-to-make-your-hotels-digital-marketing-strategy-more-efficient/ Nick Baker the Author